“I received this recipe from a friend, this is a great Turkish / Middle Eastern salad.”
What is Bulgur wheat?
Bulgur is an edible grain made from dry, cracked wheat. Usually, durum is wheat but also other types of wheat.
It is lubricated, or partially cooked to prepare it relatively quickly. When cooked, it has the same consistency as couscous or quinoa.
Bulgur is considered a whole grain, which means that whole grains of wheat – including germs, endosperm, and bran – are eaten.
Bulgar originated in the Mediterranean and can be traced back thousands of years. To date, this is a basic ingredient in many Middle Eastern and Mediterranean dishes.
- 1 cup fine blogger.
- 1 cup of boiling water.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 onion,
- Finely chopped 2 large tomatoes,
- Finely chopped cucumber, dice2 green bell pepper,
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 7 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley.
- 1/2 cup minced fresh mint leaves.
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes,
- Or 1 fresh lemon 2 tablespoons olive oil to taste pomegranate flower
- Add all ingredients to the list.
- Put the bulgur in a bowl. Stir in boiling water. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a tablespoon on medium heat. Stir in the chopped onion; cook and stir until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Remove the bulgur and return it to the bowl. Add the cooked onions, sliced tomatoes, cucumber, green and red bell peppers, green onions, parsley, mint, and pepper flakes. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, and pomegranate flowers. Toss gently until the salad is well combined. Up to service immediately. Serve, or refrigerate.
- Calories: 151.
- Carbs: 34 grams.
- Protein: 6 grams.
- Fat: 0 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams.
- Folate: 8% RDI
- Vitamin B 6: 8% RDI
- Niacin: 9% of RDI.
- Manganese: 55% RDI
- Magnesium: 15% RDI
- Iron: 10% of RDI.
Bulgur Salad Wheat provides a variety of nutrients and is a good source of manganese, magnesium, iron, and fiber in particular.
- this is my first site on a salad recipe I hope to tired my best to give you best work on site. plese subscribe my site for new updates.Read More|